Who should attend
- Liable under relevant state and Commonwealth legislation for exposure due to cybersecurity
- Not currently experts on cybersecurity, compliance or information technology
- Time poor and looking for a quick way to acquire working knowledge on cybersecurity.
About the course
When it comes to cyber security, a perfect storm is brewing as the threat landscape continues to evolve faster than ever, fuelled by innovation, automation and the drive to the cloud. This is compounded by a cyber skill shortage and the growing reputational, financial and legal implications of a cyber breach for company directors and executives.
About this course
This course is a collaboration between UTS and ITIC.
Cybersecurity awareness is vital for directors and executives from the board level, down. This course provides the relevant commercial and technical framework and mindset that organisations need to navigate complexities and achieve optimal returns on their investments in people, processes and systems.
This course covers three key areas:
- A concise, high-level understanding of regulation and compliance issues and personal liability for company directors
- Risk evaluation and management framework to support development of responses commensurate to the level of cybersecurity threat
- Shifting the cyber strategy mindset from compliance/limitation of legal liability towards maximising the efficacy of cyber security investments.
- Working knowledge of relevant cybersecurity legislation for board directors
- A basic risk management framework to evaluable cybersecurity investment
- A mindset towards cybersecurity that looks at maximising the efficacy of cybersecurity
Jeffery is a global senior Executive Consultant with over 35 years professional experience in Information Technology, Telecommunications, specialising in cyber security and IT infrastructures. Jeffery’s strong technology background was gained working for leading Australian and overseas telecomm...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.