Who should attend
This course is designed for executives, program managers, IT managers, customer care managers, field managers, and other professionals interested in reducing cyber incidents and minimizing their impact.
About the course
Cyber and non-cyber professionals face challenges in effectively protecting their organizations from ever-evolving cyber threats. You’ll be taught how to identify cyber risks, map their impact across an organization, prioritize concerns, and identify actionable mitigation strategies using hands-on labs and case studies. Decision makers will gain a vital understanding of what it takes to protect an organization's resources from cyberattacks.
What You Will Learn
- Risk-centric approach to cybersecurity
- The cyber threat
- Cyber risk assessment frameworks
- How to overcome decision maker challenges
- Threat and vulnerability management
How You Will Benefit
- Identify common risks prevalent in organizations.
- Gain a high-level overview of cybersecurity concepts, laying the baseline for understanding their impact on a variety of organizational roles.
- Correlate high-level security concepts to risks associated with people, processes, and technology.
- Examine how to conduct cyber risk assessments.
- Prioritize mitigations for identified risks.
RISK-CENTRIC APPROACH TO CYBERSECURITY
- Enterprise risk
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability risks
- Using business or mission objectives to inform decision-making processes
UNDERSTANDING THE CYBER THREAT
- Costs of vulnerabilities and downstream impacts
- Case studies
- Cyber exploitation life cycle
CYBER RISK ASSESSMENT FRAMEWORKS
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
OVERCOMING DECISION MAKER CHALLENGES
- Cybersecurity terminology familiarity
- Avoidance of bottom-up decision-making
- Positioning selected defensive and preventative technologies
- Cybersecurity expenditures justification
- Human factors
THREAT AND VULNERABILITY MANAGEMENT
- Asset management
- Leveraging threat intelligence
- Determining when to eliminate, mitigate or tolerate vulnerabilities
Barbara Fox (CISSP) is a Research Scientist in the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) Cyber Technology and Information Security Laboratory (CTISL). Her research focuses on risk management, emerging threats, malware analysis, and insider threat. Ms. Fox combines a rich background in instructio...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.