Who should attend
- Team Leads
About the course
With the rapidly changing nature of cyber threats and high-profile exploitations of vulnerabilities, organizations are recognizing the need to address the systemic analytical challenges of cyber intelligence.
This course presents a non-technical approach to cyber intelligence for organizational managers and decision makers. It explains the important contextual understanding of cyber intelligence with regard to your organization and the organizational roles and competencies involved. This asynchronous, video-based course enables managers and executives to understand what cyber intelligence means for their organization and how to use cyber intelligence to improve the way they make decisions. You will learn a structured approach that can be applied to your organization to understand, evaluate, and assess cyber intelligence vulnerabilities using the Analytic Framework from the research of the SEI Cyber Intelligence Tradecraft Project.
The eLearning course contains two hours of video instruction and exercises that apply the concepts presented.
At the completion of the course, learners will understand:
- The role of cyber intelligence for your organization
- The cyber threat environment for your organization
- The role of the executive leader regarding organizational cyber intelligence practices
- Potential risk factors in the absence of preventative measures
- Core competencies and skills recommended for an intelligence team
- The use of an analytical framework to develop analytical acumen for cyber intelligence
- The Definitions of Cyber Intelligence and Related Concepts
- Cyber Intelligence in the Workplace - Organizational roles
- Cyber Intelligence in the Workplace - Operations
- Analytical Threat Engagement
- Assessing and Prioritizing Threats
- Preventative Cyber Intelligence Measures
- Skills Required for Intelligence Analysts
Learners will have 90 days to complete the course. Once registered, learners will be granted 24-hour-a-day access to the course material for 3 months. Learners can proceed through the course at their convenience and can review and repeat individual sections as often as needed. Upon completing all course elements, the learner is awarded an electronic certificate of course completion.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.