Customizing Software for the World - Certificate in Localization
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Adapt Technology Products for Global Markets
The software business is a huge and growing segment of the global economy, as governments and industries throughout the world move to modernize and upgrade their IT systems. This growth has created demand for trained professionals who can help companies customize their products and services for success in foreign markets.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll gain practical skills for customizing all kinds of software and technology offerings to serve specific markets. We’ll explore localization tools such as machine translation, terminology management and global content management systems. You’ll build on your existing skills with foreign languages as you gain a solid understanding of localization project management and engineering practices.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Basic concepts of localization, including workflows, roles and technology tools
- Topics related to the localization engineer role, including technology and problem-solving
- Concepts essential to localization project management, such as how to communicate deliverables effectively
- How to create and maintain budgets and schedules for international projects
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Engage in engineering course lab work
- Use industry-specific software (free or discounted access to select programs)
ONLINE WITH REAL-TIME MEETINGS
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time.
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum.
Who should attend
Professionals working in software localization and those who want to enter the field.