Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Customs and security initiatives have imposed new regulations on companies that make it more challenging than ever to trade internationally. We all understand the importance of customs clearance in the supply chain. Compliance to local market regulations and excellent relationship with local authorities is absolutely crucial. This course requires knowledge on procedures that is becoming more and more technical. It examines the ways for one to become competent and effective to manage the procedures well.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Provides the exporting, importing or Logistics Company with a clear understanding of Custom Clearance Process
- Create an awareness of the importance of Customs and the various activities therein
- To make participants conversant with the Laws and Regulations Governing Customs Clearance
- Provide trainees with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to carry out their job with professionalism
- Provide an understanding of operations of Customs Clearance
- Module 1: Objectives, responsibilities & organizational structure of Customs Authority
- Module 2: Identification of all involved parties
- Module 3: Custom Law & Tariff Classification
### Day 2
- Module 4: Import & Export’ Custom Procedures & Documentation
- Legal landing place and mode of transport
- Cargo clearance at sea/air ports
- Customs declaration forms
- Shipping Documents
- Customs clearance & Payment of duty
- Cargo booking procedures
- Various types of customs duty payments under all conditions such as pre-paid duties, drawbacks, price incentives, deferred payments, temporary release, electronic payment, etc….
- Module 5: Valuation & Classification
- General principles & methods of valuation and Form Customs according to GATT
- Principals and rules of classification
- Module 6: Risk management and trade facilitation
- Module 7: Free Zones and bonded custom warehouses regulations, specifications and characteristics
- Module 8: Incoterms
- Obligations, insurance and liabilities, transport and payments, transfer of risk and ownership.
- Module 9: Impact of international agreements on import / export commodities and custom tariff
- Module 10: Customs Claims
- Time-frames, requirements and necessary documentation
- Module 11: Returning defective merchandise
- Required Documentation
Who should attend
This course is a must for those operational and supervisory personnel needing to become familiar with clearance returns requirements and other operations staff involved in import and export procedures.