About the course
High quality decisions have always been essential for strong business performance. Yet with the increasing speed, complexity and data availability in today's competitive environment, superior decision skills are more important than ever. This workshop will help you improve your decision making skills by offering behavioral insights into how people actually think and make decisions. It then teaches the advanced critical thinking skills and creative strategies needed to manage unfamiliar, highly complex problems or decisions that involve significant uncertainty. It offers strategies on how managers and executives can deal more effectively with ambiguous information, loosely structured problems, deep uncertainty, and complex tradeoffs. The focus is on critical thinking, breakthrough problem solving, learning and the effective use of groups.
Solving the right problem
- Mindful decision definition
- Questioning organization assumptions
Avoiding decision traps
- Overconfidence and confirmation
- The value and risk of stories
Managing uncertainty and becoming a better forecaster
- Knowing what we don’t know: seeing uncertainties
- Keys to becoming a better forecaster
- Linking insights and actions
Effectively using your team to improve decisions
- 4 leadership pillars for diagnosing team dysfunction
- Expertise as a tool for rapid task allocation and team development
- Building decision capabilities
Sustaining a decision
- Generating ownership
- Quick situational assessments
John is a thought leader in the areas of team leadership, knowledge transfer in teams, and implementation of organizational change. His research on knowledgebased decision making teams is widely cited in the academic literature as is his work on the strategic actions of internal change agents. Pr...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.