Who should attend
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to deepen their critical thinking skills.
Extend your learning and deepen your critical thinking skills through a highly effective mix of online and face-to-face activities in this blended learning course.
About the course
Get better results by applying tools for thinking clearly, critically, and creatively.
- Recognise the factors which might be influencing your thinking.
- Analyse and discuss issues from a number of perspectives.
- Challenge assumptions and inferences.
- Influence others with your ability to think clearly.
What is covered in the course?
- The shortcuts we usually take when we think.
- How to think more clearly and creatively.
- The elements of critical thinking.
- The international standards for critical thinking - clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance and fairness.
- Tools for thinking and expressing our thinking.
How will I benefit?
In this workshop, you will look at how we usually think – and why it sometimes trips us up – and try out models of thinking that will help you to think clearly, challenge assumptions, expand your perceptions and influence others.
You will gain a range of practical and useful tools to improve the quality and clarity of your thinking – reducing bias and improving outcomes.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain an individual who can think more clearly and critically, with an improved ability to consider a range of possibilities and generate new ideas and solutions.
Gary is a corporate trainer, facilitator and coach, who specialises in helping business people to improve their performance by showing them how to communicate more effectively in critical situations: leadership, workplace culture, teams, sales, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer servic...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.