Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
If you are a business professional who wants to enhance your thinking processes to achieve better results in business, this programme is right for you.
About the course
Demonstrate clearer and more effective critical thinking skills for business
Feeling overwhelmed? What if you could learn a process for thinking to make better decisions and create better solutions?
Attend this intensive 2-day critical thinking training programme focused on practical learning, designed and facilitated by business people that understand your challenges and will guide you to find effective solutions. You will learn hands-on techniques to generate breakthrough ideas and solve your most pressing problems. Also, you’ll discover how to ask the right questions, challenge assumptions, and see others’ viewpoints with clarity.
Your immediate takeaway:
- Translate abstract ideas into tangible results
- Evaluate ideas objectively
- Solve problems more effectively
- Make dramatically better decisions
This critical thinking training course combines proven-by-practice methods with new insights and ideas that will grow your critical thinking skills. You will gain a wider perspective of the topic through breakout sessions, exercises, and case applications.
During the session, you'll also receive:
- The “My Thinking Styles Assessment”, which looks at your thinking style preferences
- A personalised development report with your individual results and areas for development
- An action plan for implementing critical thinking and decision-making skills back at work
- Pre- and post-training assessments
- Tune-up materials to review what you’ve learned after the training
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will grow your critical thinking skills & competencies and be able to:
- Explore real-world examples of why critical thinking is so important in business
- Learn to use critical thinking skills when making business decisions
- Choose the right techniques to recognise assumptions, evaluate arguments and draw conclusions
- Discover 7 ways to spot a weak argument
- Know how to translate an abstract idea into something tangible
- Identify 8 barriers to effective critical thinking
- Minimise the impact of job pressures on your thinking processes
- React with curiosity instead of emotion
- Get a roadmap for developing your critical thinking skills
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn with a diverse group of peers from different industries and countries in an international environment
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practise new skills using real-business-world examples and exercises over 2 interactive days
What will you learn and practice?
Critical Thinking is a 2-day hands-on training programme, highly interactive with exercises and role plays. The programme will be led by an experienced facilitator with former management experience in international companies.
Critical Thinking Course Outline:
- Recognising the Value of Using Critical Thinking in Business
- Defining critical thinking
- Characteristics of effective critical thinkers
- The role of critical thinking in meeting business challenges
- A Critical Thinking Process
- Using a framework to relate critical thinking to business challenges
- Describing critical thinking using the RED (Recognise assumptions, Evaluate arguments, Draw conclusions) Model
- Positioning the RED Model within a critical thinking framework
- Obtaining Feedback on Your Critical Thinking Skills
- Recognising the value of gaining insight into one’s critical thinking skills
- Relating critical thinking skills to other business skills
- Uses for the “My Thinking Styles” assessment
- “My Thinking Styles” Development Report
- Your personal “Thinking Styles” Development Report
- A Context for Critical Thinking
- Identifying personal situations where critical thinking has been and could be used
- Selecting techniques for using critical thinking skills and the RED model
- Relating insight from your “Thinking Styles” report and feedback to a personal critical thinking situation
- Applying Critical Thinking Tools and Skills in Business Situations
- Practising using critical thinking skills and techniques in a real business situation
- Initial action plan for development of critical thinking skills
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.