Who should attend
Creative Problem Solving: Design Thinking for Innovation is designed for professionals with at least 4-5 years of work experience in any industry and sector.
About the course
Creative Problem Solving: Design Thinking for Innovation is a one-and-a-half-day short course that will teach you how to utilise the Google design sprint method to accelerate business innovation. Using Design Thinking, you’ll learn to jump-start creativity and become more agile by solving problems and testing ideas faster.
Originally developed by Google, design sprints allow you to test and validate ideas rapidly without significant investment. Dr Ivano Bongiovanni will show you how they can be used to address complex organisational issues, improve processes, increase efficiency and improve profitability.
During day 1, you’ll engage in highly interactive individual and group activities as you learn how to use design sprints as a creative problem-solving tool. One week later, you’ll participate in a Design Sprint Lab, where you will pitch the design of a Design Sprint created to address a real organisational problem. At the Design Sprint Lab, you’ll receive expert feedback on your design and troubleshoot areas identified for improvement, so that your design is ready to be implemented on your return to work.
What you will learn
- What design sprints are and why to use them
- How to independently run effective design sprints to get results
- How to apply design thinking and design-lead methods to solve your complex organisational issues
- How to seize strategic opportunities for business growth and improvement
- The strategic value of Design Thinking in modern organisations
- Leadership skills in innovation and strategic management
- At Design Lab on day two Dr Ivano Bongiovanni will collaborate with you to enhance your real organisation design sprint ready for you to put into action
Ivano's research and practice focus on the managerial implications of Information Security and its repercussions in terms of Governance and Leadership. Ivano is also a keen researcher and practitioner in the field of Design Thinking and Design-Led methods. Ivano is a Lecturer in Information Secu...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.