Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Steps to Improving Your Visual Storytelling Skills
Steps to Becoming a Powerful Visual Storyteller
How many times have you walked into a room to see the first slide of a presentation projected on the screen — and you instantly dread the forthcoming meeting? And what’s worse than feeling that way when it’s your own presentation that is about to start!
When most people develop a presentation, they typically use standard templates, include too many slides, or build presentations around visual aids that are word-heavy or excessively complex.
Certainly you’ve heard the old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words."
The truth is that when you use simple, compelling images to support your presentation, your audience can better understand your message.
In this practical webinar, you’ll learn how to use visuals to boost your ability to get your message heard and why less really is more.
What you will cover
When your slides are made up of intricate charts, detailed graphs, and blocks of text, your audience is likely to spend their time reading the slides instead of listening to you. On the other hand, when you use lots of different colors, animations, and fonts, your slides will appear complex and often confusing. In both cases, you’re likely to lose your audience instead of conveying the information you intend.
The bottom line is that simple and engaging visuals help you create a positive connection with your audience. This webinar will show you how to build and deliver your message with visuals, including:
- Tips for presenting information visually: The picture superiority effect
- Understanding the 3 types of presentations
- Creating detailed leave behinds & the "2-in-1 Deck"
- Proven strategies for reducing slide text
- Avoiding the bullet point trap through “chunking"
- Graphic layout principles and the power of negative space
- Using black slides to emphasize your message
- The power of Presenter view
Register today and discover ways to deliver your story using powerful visuals so that your audience can better grasp the message you're communicating.
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will:
- Understand how slide design improves presentation effectiveness
- Apply techniques to give slides a professional appearance
- Incorporate visual design principles that maximize comprehension