Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Senior leaders including c-suite executives, VPs, trustees, and directors
- Managers and supervisors
- Human resources professionals
- Those who have an interest in driving positive change
About the course
Many companies today are facing growing pressure from well-organized social movements and their own employees to provide equal opportunities in hiring and advancement. Research shows that when they build a more diverse workforce, these companies haven’t just satisfied social and moral mandates: they benefit from strengthened innovation, competitive advantage, and decision-making; improved engagement and retention; enhanced reputation; and increased productivity and profitability.
Getting there, though, isn’t easy. Traditional diversity training does a good job of building awareness and starting the conversation, but simply hiring more people of color, women, or those from other underrepresented groups isn’t the solution. If there are measures or cultural norms in place that keep these new employees from feeling included, they won’t stay—and the company is back where it started.
Creating the Environment for Courageous Inclusion takes a different approach. Designed for decision-makers who can drive change in their organizations, this live online program doesn’t stop with building awareness of the challenge. Over six three-hour sessions, it provides concrete insights, specific tools, and practical steps for change. Participants will identify processes, policies, and procedures in their organizations that currently maintain inequity between groups, and through exercises, assignments, and interactive discussions will learn how to transform them. Ultimately, the program works to create transformative changes instead of quick fixes.
Impact & Benefits
- Gain a heightened awareness of the challenges to creating an inclusive workplace
- Learn frameworks, tactics, and best practices for the work that needs to be done
- Become an advocate and guide for driving transformative change in your organization
- Identify next steps and create a blueprint for achieving them
- Build a network of peers and colleagues who can serve as resources as you begin to implement new approaches within your organization
Donald Outing, PhD, is Lehigh’s first Vice President for Equity and Community, and the University Diversity and Inclusion Officer. In this role, he leads institutional efforts to advance its work on diversity, equity and inclusion. Prior to his appointment at Lehigh, Dr. Outing served as the Chie...
Videos and materials
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.