Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Experienced HR managers and executives who want better align their HR policies to the technology roadmap of their business.
- Business leaders who want to ensure their company’s technology programmes are supported by a quality HR roadmap.
About the course
You see that Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics are changing the workplace. Whether you like them or not, robots are better at repetitive and dangerous work. IoT platforms can dramatically simplify supply chains. AI-systems can analyze massive amounts of data at speeds no human can dream of.
The impact of these, and other, technologies cannot be overestimated. The World Economic Forum predicts that in the next 5 years, digital systems will displace 85 million jobs and create 97 million new ones*.
Faced with so much change, you know that your workplace policy cannot remain the same.
Like the smartest businesses, you have to create a tech-positive culture in which digital tools, AI and machines free up talent for higher-value tasks. A workplace where there is more time for creativity, analysis and ‘human’ customer contact. Where HR helps bring about digital transformation, rather than simply deal with its aftermath.
And as HR, you need to set the example.
Where HR automation makes sense, you need to lead the way. Become more efficient through employee scoring and self-service HR systems. Improve quality through candidate experience platforms and innovative L&D solutions.
But above all, know where to draw the line between automated and human HR. Because until further notice, most of the real talent in your business will be human. While they may like the convenience of your latest app, they may still prefer, and need, a human touch.
This programme helps you create a technology positive culture in your business.
Through a series of interactive work-sessions, you will learn how to better:
- Get up-to-date on the latest methods to augment employees with technology.
- Align the HR and technology roadmaps in your business.
- Create a technology-positive attitude and culture.
- Use the latest people-tech to the benefit of your team.
How will you benefit?
After taking this programme, you will be more able to:
- Add value to the conversation about the impact of technology on your workforce.
- Sit down with the key stakeholders in your business to co-create a human/tech roadmap.
- Create a company culture that embraces technology (rather than fear it).
- Improve the performance of your team by applying the right HR-tech for your business.
What will you learn and practice?
This 4-session programme is highly interactive. It introduces a practical framework for action which you will learn by applying to your own organization. MODULE 1
Humans vs. technology – conflict or complementary?
- An update on the latest technology trends that will affect the way we work.
- The impact of technology on the workforce – hype vs. reality.
- Discussion: The good, the bad & the ugly of our technology-based future.
Start the Human/Tech conversation
- The role of HR in shaping the Human/Tech workforce.
- Opportunities and challenges when inserting HR in the conversation.
- Application: Getting up-to-date on your company’s agenda for automation/digitalization.
- Group discussion: Getting up-to-date on your company’s agenda for automation/digitalization.
- Pushing the envelope: How can HR help to raise the bar?
- Getting HR a seat at the technology table: how to practically start the conversation.
Connect your technology & HR roadmaps
- The human-centered technology canvas.
- Case: Law & Partners – how AI affects the legal profession.
- Application: Draft a human-centered technology for your business.
- Group discussion: Draft a human-centered technology for your business.
- Getting practical: aligning technology stakeholders and HR.
- Challenges and opportunities when retraining, right-sizing, moving on.
Creating a tech positive culture
- The need for tech positivity in the company culture.
- Components of tech positivity: are the people willing, skilled & able to embrace technology?
- Application: assess your company’s tech positivity.
- Group discussion: assess your company’s tech positivity.
- Practical barriers & opportunities for change.
- Create a roadmap & action plan to increase tech positivity.
*Applying HR Tech for a more performant human resources department *
- How HR Tech affects human resource management – today and tomorrow.
- Embrace technology without losing the humanity of HR.
- Develop your personal HR tech plan.
PRE AND POST SELF ASSESSMENT
To truly tailor your experience and ensure you’ll get the maximum value of any new insights, the programme’s content will be reinforced with two self-assessments:
- Before the first programme session, you’ll evaluate how your business manages human/tech dilemma today.
- At the end of the programme, you’ll describe how you would like your company to operate in the future.
Combined with the contents of the programme, these two measurements give you a first starting point to measurably start augmenting the performance of your human workforce through technology.
- For those interested, two optional implementation reviews can be organized to discuss progress and longer-term achievements (which can be part of a third measurement that compares your desired future with your current reality).
- MCE experts can provide personalized coaching to help you apply the insights and frameworks from the programme in your business.
- A customized version of the programme can be delivered to inspire your HR teams or help them develop and implement your human/tech programmes.
- In case you want truly in-depth support, our specialists and trusted partners are available to provide hands-on assistance in aligning your HR and Technology programmes and develop a tech-positive culture.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.