About the course
Effective communication can impress people but powerful communication can move people to action. This course identifies the elements of powerful communication and teaches the participants how to harness and utilize their own individual skills to become a communicator that persuades, inspires, and transforms. The course will be highly interactive with group exercises, skills assessment, demonstrations, critiquing and opportunity for on-site application.
10% The components of powerful communication
- Identify the elements of powerful communication
- Assess your current communication skills
25% Powerful Communication requires real connection
- Connect not just communicate
- Being more relatable
- Gaining and building credibility
- Turn perceptions into persuasion
10% Excel at Listening
- Define and hone active listening skills
- Hear what is not being said
- Listening to what your audiences hears
25% Crafting a Powerful Message
- Understanding and identifying your target audience
- How to “story arc” your message
- Choose the most effective words to boost the power of your message
- The power of storytelling, illustrations, and demonstration
- Identifying and avoiding common pitfalls in crafting your message
30% Delivering your message
- Wow them in the first 20 seconds
- What you say without saying a word (nonverbal communication)
- How to get over anxiety and nervousness
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Executive Development, Communicating with Influence, Effective Presentations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Direction
Dr. Debbye Turner Bell is a veterinarian, journalist, minister, motivational speaker, wife, and mother. For three years, she served as the lead U.S. news anchor for Arise News, a global cable news network. She hosted a daily evening news broadcast called “Arise America”. Currently, she can be see...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.