About the course
Effective communication can impress people but powerful communication can move people to action. This course identifies the elements of powerful communication and teaches the participants how to harness and utilize their own individual skills to become a communicator that persuades, inspires, and transforms. The course will be highly interactive with group exercises, skills assessment, demonstrations, critiquing and opportunity for on-site application.
The components of powerful communication
- Identify the elements of powerful communication
Assess your current communication skills powerful communication requires real connection
Connect not just communicate
Being more relatable
Gaining and building credibility
Turn perceptions into persuasion excel at listening
• Define and hone active listening skills * Hear what is not being said * Listening to what your audiences hears crafting a powerful message
- Understanding and identifying your target audience
- How to “story arc” your message
- Choose the most effective words to boost the power of your message
- The power of storytelling, illustrations, and demonstration
Identifying and avoiding common pitfalls in crafting your message delivering your message
Wow them in the first 20 seconds
What you say without saying a word (nonverbal communication)
How to get over anxiety and nervousness
Dr. Debbye Turner Bell is a veterinarian, journalist, minister, motivational speaker, wife, and mother. For three years, she served as the lead U.S. news anchor for Arise News, a global cable news network. She hosted a daily evening news broadcast called “Arise America”. Currently, she can be see...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.