Who should attend
Mid-level managers and functional experts with at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience, who are interested in obtaining new knowledge and skills for success in Supply Chain Management and Operations-based positions.
About the course
Although they are inextricably linked, supply chain management and cost and financial management aren’t considered together in many companies. In fact, supply chain finance often is not even given much thought beyond “the cheaper, the better.” Because there are so many ways in which the supply chain affects profitability, this lack of attention can mean missing opportunities to improve supply chain decision making and cost management.
This innovative two-day program helps you gain a thorough understanding of the financial topics related to your supply chain. You will learn how to perform financial analyses that provide deep insights into your suppliers and customers, how to frame certain supply chain activities and expenses as investments, and how to manage working capital correctly. By learning best practices and the tools and techniques you need to apply them, you will be ready to increase your company’s profitability by improving existing processes, strengthening relationships with suppliers, and even occasionally choosing a higher price option.
Impact & Benefits:
- Appreciate the language of finance, including key terms, concepts, tools, techniques, and applications
- Understand through hands-on learning how to use financial tools and techniques to support better supply chain decision making, cost management, and risk management
- Discover how supply chain initiatives affect corporate performance indicators
- Apply an innovative set of price and cost analytic techniques that can provide immediate benefit to your organization
- Learn how and when to frame certain supply chain activities and expenses as investments
Robert Trent teaches at the undergraduate and graduate levels and holds a B.S. degree in materials logistics management, an M.B.A., and a Ph.D. in purchasing/operations management. Prior to his return to academia, Professor Trent spent seven years with Chrysler Corporation. His industrial experi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.