Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This programme is especially relevant to those senior executives involved in expanding or rethinking the innovation strategy inside their organisation including:
- Board members and C-suite executives
- Corporate business development professionals
- Chief Technology and Innovation Officers
- R&D professionals
- Business unit executives
- Next-generation family business owners
About the course
Create, scale and integrate new businesses to meet disruption head on Companies today are operating in an increasingly complex world. Rapid technological changes, digital disruption, and unforeseen shocks such as the COVID-19 pandemic are making the business environment more unpredictable, dynamic and interconnected. How can companies ensure success and continued growth in these times of great change?
To accelerate innovation and leverage growth opportunities, forward-thinking firms are increasingly turning to corporate venturing: finding, funding, and then nurturing and ultimately monetising new businesses through exit or integration into the parent company’s core business processes. Put simply, corporate venturing is providing companies a new and more robust mechanism to stay ahead of the curve.
Corporate Venturing and Innovation is INSEAD’s new programme for senior leaders and decision-makers who are looking for break-through ideas to build a game-changing portfolio of new businesses.
You gain clear insights into the dynamics of corporate venturing. From finding, evaluating and nurturing new ideas to building the right processes, structures and innovation ecosystems to establish relationships with the wider start-up and investment community. You emerge from the programme with a comprehensive understanding of what’s at stake, and a customised action plan to build new businesses.
How you benefit
- Decide on the best structure/ processes/ alternatives for your own corporate venturing efforts
- Align expectations across the parent company, business units, and the portfolio of ventures
- Determine clear strategic and financial return targets
- Discover how to structure the relationship between the parent company and your ventures
- Build the mechanisms to fund and support new businesses as they test and validate ideas
- Develop and deploy a highly skilled business-building team
- Decide on the best mix of venture-building tools for your corporate environment
Corporate Venturing and Innovation equips you with the understanding, frameworks, models and tools to leverage the power of innovation, build alliances and accelerate the development of new businesses. The programme integrates real-life case studies that bring new concepts and learning to life.
Models for tapping into internal and external innovations to build new businesses
Building new businesses by exploiting ideas internally
Building new businesses by partnering with venture capitalists and start-ups
Building innovation ecosystems
Overcoming the organisational challenge to building and scaling new businesses
Your New Business Action Plan
You will have the opportunity to consolidate the key learnings from the programme and plan action steps that will allow you to put into practice what you have learned.
You will complete an Action Plan document which asks you to list:
- Two or three priorities to develop and sustain innovative ideas and new businesses in your organisation
- Concrete steps you will take to achieve those priorities
- Metrics you will use to evaluate the results.
- You will work in peer groups to discuss your proposed action plan and give feedback to fellow participants.
Vibha Gaba is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD. Her core expertise is in the area of corporate entrepreneurship, organisational innovation and learning. Much of her published and ongoing research pivots around how organisations learn and its impact on their ability to innovate...
Claudia Zeisberger is a Senior Affiliate Professor of Decision Sciences and Entrepreneurship & Family Enterprise at INSEAD, and the Founder and Academic Director of the school’s private equity centre (GPEI).Through the centre’s work, INSEAD has established itself as the go-to source for insig...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.