Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Copywriters or senior marketers who produce copy regularly
- Anyone who needs to manage the copy-stream more effectively
- Everybody who’s interested in the importance of copy in brand development
About the course
This immersive workshop reveals the secrets of the copywriter’s craft and gives your skills an invigorating workout. You’ll learn a comprehensive method to help you generate ideas, maintain reader attention and bring your words to life. In an atmosphere that’s friendly and collaborative, you’ll be planning, drafting, editing and reviewing against tight deadlines and word counts. You’ll also have the experience of giving and responding to a brief. You’ll exercise the advanced techniques you need to write for a wide range of channels. You’ll learn how to generate new ideas, organise them persuasively, and bring your copy to life. And you’ll leave brimming with confidence.
- Identify your own skills and locate your key development areas
- Find a distinctive voice and vary your register
- Respond to the reader contract, structurally and stylistically
- Develop, analyse, and critique copy productively
- Create and respond to copywriting briefs
- Produce copy for a range of channels
- Help colleagues and justify your copywriting decisions to others
- Quick wins – ways to improve your copy in moments
Most importantly, you will receive constructive advice about your own writing. The Copywriting Masterclass includes a series of writing assignments, including detailed feedback from the course director. You have the opportunity to work on real copy for your own use. A laptop is essential.
Alan Barker specialises in communication skills, influencing and persuasion, creativity, problem solving and innovation, and has over twenty years' experience in training and coaching. As well as working frequently in the City of London, Alan has consultancy positions with the London Assembly, th...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.