Georgia Tech Professional Education
Contracting Officer's Representative Course and the Contingency Contracting Environment
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) course provides a comprehensive review of and instruction on the role and responsibilities of the job. This course covers ethical situations and cultural differences a contracting officer representative may experience while deployed in a contingency operation.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of contracting regulations
- Contract administration
- COR responsibilities
How You Will Benefit
- Review contract terms and conditions.
- Understand each party’s role and responsibility in contract administration.
- Document and obtain approval for contract changes and modifications.
- Monitor contract expenditures.
- Learn contract closeout methodology.
- Manage ethical and legal issues in the contingency contracting environment.
- WHAT IS A COR?
- ETHICS AND INTEGRITY
- ACQUISITION PLANNING
- AWARDING THE CONTRACT
- HOW TO REVIEW THE CONTRACT
- PROCESSING CONTRACT MODIFICATIONS
- MANAGING UNAUTHORIZED CONTRACT CHANGES
- COMMUNICATIONS AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
- MONITORING PERFORMANCE
- RESOLVING ISSUES WITH A CONTRACTOR
- SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR SERVICE, CONSTRUCTION, AND RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CONTRACTS
- THE CONTRACTING OFFICER’S REPRESENTATIVE IN THE CONTINGENCY CONTRACTING ENVIRONMENT
Who should attend
This course is designed for contracting officer’s representatives, program and project managers, contracting officers, and industry contracting personnel.
Trust the experts
Alexis Kirksey is the Program Manager for The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech, operating within the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. Her expertise includes providing consultation to government and industry in all aspects of government contracting, i...