Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Navigating complexity and uncertainty is a crucial leadership literacy for business and organizational success. Traditional and business-as-usual models of organizational management are not only inadequate, but hazardous. Dr. Kutz is a thought leader in the area of contextual intelligence, a key component of leadership literacy that is required for a global mindset in a rapidly changing marketplace. Dr. Kutz combines cutting-edge research and real-life anecdotes to outline the 12 behavioral practices of contextually intelligence leaders and delineates how those behaviors contribute to effective use of the 3D Thinking Framework™ (using hindsight, insight, and foresight) to improve leadership and decision-making. Highlights of this workshop include deconstructing the mental models that poison our leadership potential and address how thinking differently improves morale, helps to navigate uncertainty, personal and employee engagement, and tears down walls between the generations at work.
- 20% Contextual Intelligence Research
- Where did contextual intelligence come from?
- What are the major elements of the contextual intelligence model?
- What differentiates the Contextual Intelligence Model™ from other models (e.g., emotional intelligence)?
- How does CI enhance leadership – why is it important?
- 45% The Foundational Leadership Literacies for VUCA world.
- What is complexity?
- How does complexity differ from complication?
- What is VUCA?
- How can we take advantage of chaos?
- How can I organize and remember my experiences?
- Why do I compartmentalize memories?
- How are my experiences helping (or hurting) me?
- Breaking out of organizational silos?
- How is tacit knowledge different from explicit knowledge?
- What is a tacit moment and intuition?
- Can intuition help me make better decisions?
- 25% 3D Thinking: Leveraging Time Orientation
- What is hindsight and its relationship to synchronicity?
- What are the 4 CI behaviors associated with hindsight?
- What is insight and its relationship to tacit knowledge?
- What is foresight and its relationship to complexity?
- 10% CI Actions Steps
- What are the obstacles to contextual intelligence?
- How can we overcome the obstacles?
- What action steps can we implement to begin practicing contextual intelligence today?
- Primary -- Leadership Development Leadership literacy, Decision-making, innovation, idea-generation, leadership behaviors, navigating change, leading in complex environments, Resiliency and adaptability, learning agility
- Secondary -- Planning/Organizing Critical thinking, Problem-solving, maximizing your experience, assessing leadership, critical reflection, evaluating team performance
- Tertiary -- Executing/controlling/evaluating Workplace effectiveness, Identifying leadership biases, leading and managing a multi-generational and diverse workforce
Trust the experts
Matt Kutz (Ph.D. in Global Leadership) loves being a husband and father and takes leadership development seriously. He a Fulbright Scholar in the Medical Sciences (University of Rwanda, East Africa) and a Visiting Research Scholar in the College of Medicine at Griffith University and Gold Coast U...