Containers for Deploying and Scaling Apps
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
Containers allow you to easily package up everything an application needs to run into a virtual “container,” so that it can be easily moved from machine to machine or be replicated onto many machines/nodes.
You will explore the concepts of Docker-based containerisation using common use-cases or even those you bring along to class. Learners will acquire the practical experience of using containers by building, pushing, pulling, and running their individual Linux container images and by setting up their very own continuous integration system. Interested candidates are required to complete the Python for Data, Ops and Things and Cloud DevOps Foundation course first.
You will learn how to use container orchestration software, such as Kubernetes, to manage and scale their containers. By the end of this course, students will have all the tools they need to build and maintain an entire environment of containers, running on as many machines as needed, either locally or on a remote infrastructure like the Amazon AWS cloud.
This course is part of the StackUp - Startup Tech Talent Development programme offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop application based on the 12-factor app design principles
- Acquire practical experience of building, pushing, pulling and running Linux Container Images and Linux Containers
- Apply the basic concepts of Container Volumes and Container Networking
- Use container orchestration to manage and scale your containers
- Use service mesh tools to manage inter application communication
- Build Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
What will be covered
- The 12-factor app design philosophy
- Container technology (docker)
- Docker concepts and operations
- Kubernetes architecture and operations
- Istio architecture and operations
- Design and considerations when building a CI/CD pip
Who should attend
- Developers, Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, System Administrators and Infrastructure specialists/members from Enterprise IT
- Startup Tech members who desire to take on lead roles in deployment, growth and scale of their products
- Scrum Team members responsible for DevOps