Who should attend
This course is for everyone interested in understanding the interrelationships between human behaviour and fashion. All levels welcome.
About the course
This course applies concepts and theories from the scientific study of human behaviour, Psychology, and applies them in the context of fashion. Created by the originator of the Psychology programmes at London College of Fashion, this course introduces you to the interrelationships between psychology and fashion and explores how an understanding of psychology can lead to a more ethical and socially responsible engagement with fashion.
In this course, you will be introduced to the psychological processes underpinning how we make sense of the world and fashion, the relationships between fashion, self and identity, body satisfaction, fashion’s social responsibility, consumer behaviour and fashion as a force for good.
You will need to dedicate at least 2 hours per week for self-study.
By the end of this course you will have:
- An understanding of the psychological processes of sensation and perception and how this impacts engagement with fashion
- Explored the relationships between fashion, self and identity and how fashion is a means of self-expression
- Discussed how fashion can influence body satisfaction and how this can affect us psychologically
- Considered how and why consumers shop for fashion
- An understanding of the role of psychology in changing behaviour leading to a more ethical and sustainable fashion industry
- Discovered how fashion can be a force for good
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Kate Nightingale is a consumer, fashion and brand psychologist with experience in retail, hospitality, marketing and construction industries. She has studied psychology, economics, marketing and fashion and continues her education daily. Kate is also the founder of Style Psychology Ltd, a (custo...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.