Who should attend
This course is designed for contracting personnel involved in the construction process. Additionally, Contracting Officer’s Representatives involved in construction project oversight may find this course beneficial.
About the course
This three-day course provides contracting personnel who purchase and administer construction contracts a comprehensive review of the overall construction contracting process. Coverage includes contract formation, solicitation, award, and administration. Exercises and case studies will allow participants to practice the skills they learn in the course.
- Given a construction contract requirement, devise a construction acquisition plan in accordance with FAR Part 7
- After receipt of a construction contracting request, describe how to develop a construction solicitation package in accordance with FAR and agency policies and procedures
- After receiving bids or proposals in response to a construction solicitation, evaluate the bid or proposal documents and select the appropriate contractor to receive the award
- Given a construction contract, determine the applicable construction contract administration (compliance) approach using FAR regulations/guidelines and best practices
- Given a changed condition on a construction contract, select the appropriate clause and describe the remedy for the situation in accordance with federal acquisition laws, regulations, and best business practices
- Given a construction contractor's invoice, verify for construction progress payments and, at contract conclusion, describe appropriate actions necessary to contract closeout
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.