Who should attend
This course is designed for government acquisition professionals who seek foundational skills for conducting acquisitions for cloud services.
About the course
Simply put, cloud computing is the access of information through the internet from a third-party provider. However, as federal agencies move to the cloud, acquisition professionals are faced with complex challenges regarding interoperability, data security, reliability, and performance management. You will learn the unique terminology and issues at each stage of the cloud acquisition life cycle. By demystifying this concept, you’ll be prepared to participate in a cloud acquisition with confidence.
- Interpret the terminology, regulations, and processes specific to cloud acquisitions
- Analyze the unique aspects of cloud acquisitions during the planning phase of the acquisition cycle
- Analyze the unique aspects of cloud acquisitions during the contract formation phase of the acquisition cycle
- Analyze the unique aspects of cloud acquisitions during the contract administration phase of the acquisition cycle
Overview of Cloud Acquisitions
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Framework of Laws, Policies, and Guidance
- Types of Cloud Models
- Cloud Benefits and Risks
Planning for Cloud Acquisitions
- Justifying the Need for the Cloud
- Conducting Market Research
- Creating the Requirements Document
- Other Planning Considerations
Contract Formation for Cloud Acquisitions
- Fundamentals of Service Level Agreements
- SLA Practices and Standards
- Contents of a Service Level Agreement
Contract Administration for Cloud Acquisitions
- Performance Monitoring
- Performance Issues
- Changes and Modifications
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.