Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Telfer School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This 2-day program will focus on concepts related to complex project and procurement leadership. Participants will gain an enhanced understanding of project and procurement complexity in situations where:
- Interconnected and interdependent factors bring emergent and unpredictable outcomes;
- Dynamic and adaptive socio-cultural interactions of multiple stakeholders require collective leadership of project sponsors, project managers and senior executives to re-invent governance beyond hierarchy and consensus-building; and,
- Nurturing high performing teams is essential to achieving project and procurement success in environments evolving at the fast pace of digital and social media interactions, within a backdrop of low trust perceptions.
Participants will have the added advantage of acquiring shared knowledge and best practices with the participants in the Telfer Masters of Business in Complex Project Leadership (MBCPL) and the Certificate in Complex Project and Procurement Leadership (CPPL).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain knowledge of the fundamental elements of Telfer’s Complex Project and Procurement programs to achieve a more in-depth understanding of the elements that tread through complex projects and procurements, and the strategic thinking skills required.
- Gain knowledge of the collaborative and collective leadership required to engage stakeholders in meaningful interactions and to nurture practices that will re-frame engagement and governance.
- Acquire in-depth understanding of the importance of initial conditions, and the adoption of wide perspectives in the development and assessment of strategic options.
- Practice first-hand some methodologies used to manage complexity and increase responsiveness to rapidly changing environments.
- Increase business acumen, with more in-depth understanding of the behavioural drivers of private sector stakeholders, and new approaches in building collaborative relationships and contracting models.
- Acquire knowledge of advanced negotiations approaches that better address cognitive and emotional needs in a complex project environment.
- How to assess project and procurement complexity and specific approaches to improve their management.
- How to refresh complex project and procurement governance and re-frame stakeholders engagement.
- How to better understand industry interests and negotiate collaborative undertakings.
- How to foster and nurture a culture of complex project leadership.
Who should attend
This 2-day program is intended for individuals at the Director and Director General levels (EX-1 to EX-3 or equivalents) of organizations leading, or contemplating leading, complex projects and procurements. It is also suitable as a refresher for those with the PMCD3 designation.
Note: Not all projects are complex; however, almost every project will experience some level of complexity at some point of their lifecycle, mostly due to the attitudes and expectations of stakeholders, and the open digital environment in which they operate.
Trust the experts
Dan Ross brings has over 40 years of experience as a military leader, senior public service officer and teacher. He holds a BSc in mathematics from the University of Saskatchewan and is a graduate of the National Defence College, the Canadian Forces Command and Staff College and the Land Force C...
A dynamic leader with proven ability to transform vision into action and deliver targeted results, Mariette Fyfe-Fortin is recognized for her leadership of government business transformations and change management initiatives, complex project procurements, and services delivery in sectors ranging...