Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Incumbent directors who are just about to join the boards of their companies or subsidiaries
Experienced members of the board, addressing specific issues relating to board dynamics
About the course
This is a programme for incumbent Company Directors to appreciate not just their roles and responsibilities, statutory voluntary codes of conduct but also to learn from live cases of directors and boards. The programme is intended for anyone who wants to improve effectiveness of their board members. The focus will be on building effectiveness and value through leadership and people and will cover special issues facing company board including ethics and values.
- An introduction to good governance practices
- Strategic, financial and control perspective
- Ideas on constituting board membership
- Board and the corporate entity
- Board structure and process
- The role of boards and business strategy
- Business ethics and performance
- Role of boards in acquisitions and joint ventures
- Negotiation dynamics at the board level
- Board level financial oversight
- Corporate risk and the board
- Effective boards and governance
- Framework for fair governance in corporations
Best practice/ advice for company director on how to be successful as individual and ensure board success as a whole
Adding value to the organization and making a lasting contribution as a director
Developing a perspective on how to make the best use of the boards and to boards on how to make the best use of the directors
Insights on how to address the challenges of corporate management and governance
MNC Headquarter-Subsidiaries Relationships, Structuring and Managing Alliances and Joint Ventures, Issues In Managing Outsourcing, Role of Independent Directors in Company Boards , Managing and Sustaining Growth of IT Companies in India and Cloud Computing, Online Business Models and Strategies, ...
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available