Who should attend
Leaders charged with creating and implementing strategy and developing organizational capability:
- Senior Leaders
- General Managers
- Functional Managers
- Unit Leaders
- Strategic Influencers
- Ideal whether you have direct reports or not!
About the course
Today’s workplace offers a complex variety of modes through which leaders communicate critical concepts, ideas, and strategic messages. This program will help you explore effective strategies for communicating strategic vision up, down, and across the organization, with particular focus on leading across generations.
- Improve your ability to effectively:
- Understand how high-performing leaders leverage communication as a strategic strength
- Uncover unique drivers of performance in a diverse workforce
- Learn a methodology for framing and communicating strategic vision
- Select modes of communication that foster engagement and support change
- Select the best channels for different messages
- Acquire influencing tactics to get buy-in for your vision
You will acquire a technique for framing your strategy and develop plans to utilize the most appropriate channels and technologies to connect with your team.
Communication Strategy for Leaders
- Managing the multigenerational workforce
- Motivation strategies
- Influence tactics
- Framing a clear strategic vision
- Fostering innovation
- Selecting communication channels for different stakeholders
Value For You and Your Organization
An effective leader must understand, appreciate, and navigate the complex and sometimes conflicting values and norms of many different generations: Boomers, Millennials, Generations X, Y, and Z. Add to these challenges the fact that effective communication is highly dependent on preferences and communication goals. When used effectively, the right communication channel can connect seemingly disparate groups in ways not previously possible, helping to engage employees and foster innovation in the modern organization. You will leave this short course with a roadmap for how to hit the ground running for immediate results and success.
Andy Gustafson currently teaches in the MBA communications course, BA 517, as well as serves as Director for the Communications Program. Andy is currently employed with the Smeal College of Business, as someone who works with students on a daily basis, helping them to shape their University exper...
Education: Ph. D., University of Oklahoma, 2007 Biography: Research Interests My research interests are best categorized into two broad, yet overlapping domains: leadership and innovation management. Within the area of leadership, my current interests revolve around understanding darker leader...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.