About the course
Sharpen your leadership communication—and boost your career—with 3 strategies:
- executive presence.
With focus, you will make your messages stick, using the methodology Paul uses with leadership teams & individual executives. Variety means to be slightly different. With variety, you will make routine info. come alive, and you will engage others with smart questions. Presence matters because part of the message is you. Strengthen your presence with 10 actions. Learn how to get heard, get remembered & get results—every time you speak.
- 20% Learn 13 ways to project executive presence
- Recognize the leadership message you're sending (often without realizing it)
- Increase your impact by varying your style
- Learn how to look confident (even when you don't feel confident)
- 20% Say it in 10 words or less
- Focus, focus, focus
- Understand what your audience is really thinking (they've got 3 key questions)
- Quickly design your message using 3 potent techniques
- 20% Use stories to influence & inspire others
- Learn how to develop a compelling leadership story
- Practice the 3 keys to an effective story
- 20% Capture attention—immediately
- Learn the #1 rule about attention
- Identify 10 ways to open a talk
- 20% Dialogue with others to get buy-in
- Create smart questions to engage your group
- Learn how to answer tough questions & think on your feet
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Creativeness, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Interpersonal Relations, Motivation, Timing, Effective Decision Making
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Use of Authority, Direction, Guidance, Discipline
- Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Generate and Obtain Plan Support
Mr. Paul Hellman has worked with leading organizations in the U.S. and abroad, including Aetna, BIC, Biogen, Boeing, MFS Investment Management, NASA, Sanofi, State Street, United Technologies. His columns have appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Boston Globe, San...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.