About the course
In today's high-tech world, good old-fashioned, verbal communication is not as good as it used to be. With communication in the workplace expanded to several platforms, how do you ensure the message you send will be received, understood and acted upon?
This program shows you how to take control of your words and actions so that you can be an efficient, effective, and influential communicator that gets results. In this engaging, practical and fun presentation, you will learn the 6-Step IMPACT process based on Patrick's book, "Communicating with IMPACT©": Patrick places special emphasis on trainee involvement using group discussions, role-playing/skills practice, sharing real-life examples, and providing planning time to put these principles into action.
These principles will provide you with the tools you need to lead more effectively, communicate more clearly, influence others, present more powerfully, create deeper relationships, enhance your credibility, increase sales, achieve greater results, and positively impact the lives of others.
Communicating with IMPACT, will inspire and empower you to strive for a better version of yourselves and increase your IMPACT when communicating, leading and presenting/speaking with others.
- Communication Skills Inventory
- Introduce I.M.P.A.C.T. Process
10% I = Intention (Why)
- Teach you how to craft a powerful intention statement
- Explore the Outcome Thinking Process
20% M = Message (What)
- What Communication Method should you use?
- Non Linear Approach to creating an Outline
- How to create and structure your message to achieve your intention
15% P = Person (Who)
- Identify/utilize the four fundamental behavioral styles (DiSC)
- How to Personalize the Content to the Receiver
20% A = Activate (How)
- How to mentally, physically and emotionally engage the Receiver
- Why it is Difficult to Be an Active Listener?
- 4 Tips for Improving Your Listening Skills
- Discuss active listening skills to help you stay focused and present
15% C= Clarify (What)
- What is Selective Perception?
- Five Techniques to check for understanding
10% T = Transform (When)
- How to transform your words into results
- How to Influence your Receiver Take Action to Achieve the Intention You Set
- External and Internal Transformation Tips
- IMPACT Worksheet to Plan and Apply the Process
- Prioritize your best ideas
- Create your Personal 90-Day Action Plan to Put These Newly Learned Skills to Work
From the boardroom to the classroom, Patrick Donadio has guided two generations of leaders and their organizations with powerful keynotes, engaging presentations and one-on-one business communication coaching. A nationally recognized communication expert and author of Communicating with IMPACT”,...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.