ICTD International Centre for Training and Development
Combustion Techniques in Furnaces, Boilers, Unit Efficiencies
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
This course will introduce the fundamentals of combustion techniques in furnaces and boilers and their applications in Power Industry, Petrochemical Industries and water desalination. Better combustion process and better furnace operation lead to better performance and conservation of energy. The designer as well the operating personnel are usually facing with major issues in combustion process, monitoring and controlling of combustion devices that are normally operating with different types of fuel.
This course presents the different aspects in combustion techniques, fuels characteristics, flame structures, flow and mixing in flames, fuel atomization and combustion of fuel sprays, gaseous combustion, fuel burners, and combustion control systems, measuring techniques in evaluating flame performance, troubleshooting, and guidelines for safe and efficient operation of furnaces. The course crosses the boundaries from the fundamental information to state of the art in combustion techniques in furnaces and boilers and the unit efficiencies
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Develop a complete understanding of the concepts underlying combustion technology and energy conservation methodology.
- Learn characteristics of flame structures and stabilization in furnaces and boilers.
- Analyze different types of combustion devices for different types of fuels.
- Monitor furnaces and boilers combustion processes and evaluate unit efficiencies.
- Evaluate the needs for new burners to meet design objectives.
- Understand and integrate instruments and controls into advanced combustion systems.
- Improve knowledge to perform overall energy balance testing of combustion system.
- Be familiar with guidelines for safe and efficient operation of furnaces and boilers.
- Be familiar with the best practice of furnaces and boilers operation and troubleshooting
- Types of Furnaces and Boilers
### Day 2
- Review of Combustion Fundamentals
- Boiler and Furnaces Fuels
### Day 3
- Boiler and Furnaces Operation
- Boiler and Furnaces Controls and Instrumentation
- Efficient Furnaces and Boilers Operation
- Air Preheaters
- Troubleshooting and Case Studies
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for boiler combustion engineers, boiler and power plant engineers, petrochemical and processes engineers, industrial and environmental engineers, general mechanical and process engineers, building or energy managers, plant and maintenance craftsmen & operators.