Coaching for Intentional Development
Learn how to develop leadership and emotional intelligence (EI) in others through this intensive, 4-day experience based on the Intentional Change Theory (ICT) (Boyatzis, 2001), an empirically-proven framework for achieving desired, sustained, behavioral transformation. Where traditional coaching approaches often focus on identifying and correcting weaknesses, ICT helps individuals set the course for their development in a process that engages mindfulness, hope and compassion. Starting with defining leadership vision, each stage of discovery provides new insight that motivates and challenges clients toward their desired outcomes, for themselves as well as the people and organizations they lead. The coach’s role in this approach guides and facilitates the learning process.
In this program, you will experience both the coaching process for yourself as well as develop and refine the skills for coaching others using this approach. Participants will receive instruction on coaching EI, individual coaching from Mentor Coaches, and multiple practice sessions within a supportive learning environment. Participants will also complete the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) and Kolb-Boyatzis Learning Style Inventory (LSI) as part of their experience.
The Coach's role in leadership development
Inspiring leaders to learn, develop and change
Sustainable transformation through Intentional Change Theory
- Motivating change through the "Ideal Self" and "Real Self"
- Preparing a Personal Balance Sheet: Identifying strengths and gaps
- Stimulating a learning agenda
- Metamorphosis: Life and work as a learning laboratory
- Coaching through the change process
Reflection and best practice
- Provoking an epiphany: Hearing a wake-up call
- Moving from the problem to the process to the person
- Leveraging a strengths-based approach to feedback
- Converging on a learning agenda
- The ethics of coaching
As a result of attending this program, participants will develop or refine their approach and skills coaching others by:
- Understanding how adults change their behavior (especially emotional competence) in sustainable ways through the ICT
- Differentiating between ICT and coaching for performance
- Practicing the ICT as a process for coaching
- Developing awareness and appreciation for coaching to different styles
- Receiving insights into the business and ethics of coaching from experienced coaches
Each participant will receive:
- Three personal coaching sessions with a Mentor Coach
- Individual 360 feedback through the Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI)
- Assessment of learning style through the Kolb-Boyatzis Learning Style Inventory (LSI)
- Real-world coaching practice and experience
- A network of coaching peers across industries
Who should attend
Anyone seeking to broaden and deepen their skills in developing others. Particularly relevant for those responsible for developing and retaining key talent. Teams are encouraged to attend.