Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This curriculum is for professionals looking for a way to get started with and/or effectively leverage the impact of a new model for coaching in their organization. Some of the roles that will benefit from obtaining the CEP certification include:
- HR Practitioners, Managers, and Leaders
- Learning and Development Manager
- Director of Learning
- Leadership Development Manager
- Anyone who oversees coaching activities or programs
About the course
Your organization needs managers and leaders who use coaching skills to empower employees to achieve goals. But does it give those managers and leaders the tools and knowledge to coach effectively? Does it hold them accountable for the impact coaching has on teams and the business?
This course is not about how to coach. Instead, it gives you a scalable, actionable framework to build coaching skills and abilities into the fabric of your organization, transforming the manager-employee relationship and driving measurable business results.
The business impact is real. HCI research has shown that, year over year, organizations that effectively leverage coaching realize higher revenue growth than peer companies that don’t embrace coaching. By equipping employees with the tools and knowledge to respond, problem-solve, and adapt in real-time, managers and leaders realize tangible benefits such as improved team functioning, increased engagement, faster leadership development, and increased productivity.
- Influence Workplace Culture – Learn to be more effective in your use of coaching across the organization.
- Implement a Coaching Approach – Apply innovative and practical models, tools, and techniques for embedding coaching behaviors and activities in your organization.
- Improve Organizational Results – Learn to improve organizational results through coaching among all employees.
- Integrate and Communicate Your Approach –Emphasize the competencies and tools managers and leaders need. Change the negative perception that coaching is a remedial measure.
Course Outline | Phase 1: Define | What Is a Culture of Coaching?
Introduction to Coaching
- What is successful coaching?
- The three coaching modalities
- Coaching vs. mentoring, managing, and feedback
- Types of coaching interactions
Culture of Coaching
- Defining a coaching culture
- Top results and benefits of a strong coaching culture
- HCI’s Sustainable Coaching Culture Model
Coaching, Development, and Performance
- The impact of a growth mindset
- Coaching and performance management
Business Impact of a Coaching Culture
- ICF Prism Award Framework: Impact, Standards, Strategy, and Sustainability
- Impact questionnaire
- Kirkpatrick/Phillips Levels of Evaluation applied to coaching
- Return on Investment (ROI) quiz
- Return on Expectations model
- The value proposition of coaching
Managers Using Coaching Skills
- Coaching skills for managers
- ICF Core Competencies for coaching
- Inventory of coaching conversation models: GROW, CLEAR, and OSKAR
Course Outline | Phase 2: Design | What Infrastructure Is Right for Your Organization?
Coaching Skills Assessment
- Assessing coaching in your organization
- Training for managers/leaders using coaching skills
- Support for ongoing training
Designing a Coaching-Centered Enterprise
- HCI’s Sustainable Coaching Culture Model
- Hawkins’ Foundational Coaching Strategy
- Finding the Right Coaching Mix
- Coaching Approach tool
Course Outline | Phase 3: Develop | How Do You Implement a Coaching Culture?
Coaching Culture Realities
- Barriers and challenges
- Coaching culture risk assessment
- Culture change challenges
- Building leadership accountability
Driving Adoption of a Coaching Culture
- Edgar Schein’s organizational culture model
- The ABC’s of Change Management
- Communication plan
- Coaching culture talk track
Activating a Coaching Culture
- Insights from the field: tips, observations, and thoughts from practitioners
- Additional resources
- Action planning
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.