Who should attend
You will benefit highly from this course if you are:
- Interested in evoking excellence in others while also being open to receiving coaching yourself, so you too can bring forward excellence in your own endeavours
- Willing to freely question your assumptions and try out new methods
- In a leadership position and want to support and sustain the development of new competencies in your staff
- Working as an advisor, coach or specialist supporting human resource development
- A consultant or private practitioner wanting to deepen or develop your coaching skill set to support client growth
About the course
Gain practical skills to help other perform at their best – in all aspects of their lives
The UCT GSB Coaching for Development is a six-month programme designed for participants to emerge as coaching practitioners. It offers an intensive coach training and apprenticeship programme in the study and application of Integral Coaching.
Integral Coaching is a powerful intervention because it does not reduce people to titles and job descriptions, but rather understands that they are multi-faceted beings with unique needs. It can be described as an unequivocal response to the superficiality and oversimplification that bedevils the post-modern world.
By teaching Integral coaching skills, the Coaching for Development course enables delegates to see the world through someone else's eyes, and at the same time be able to skilfully coach them to improve performance in any aspect of their lives.
Participants on the Coaching for Development course will gain:
- Learning that takes place in many different ways Participants meet as a group for three modules:
- Group sessions — flow and philosophy of coaching; exploration of coaching models
- Individually — reflections, assignments, your own development as a coach
- In small groups called learning pods — supported by your mentor coach, a Professional Coaching Course (PCC) graduate
- In pairs with a self-chosen buddy coach from the class
- The balance of work between modules is self-paced, including readings, written assignments, and three detailed case-study applications of this coaching method with clients
- Each delegate receives written feedback on each of their assignments - a rich source of learning and reflection
- There is on-going support provided by the Centre for Coaching faculty over the six months
Craig is a highly experienced Professional Integral Coach® who has coached senior executives in leading South African organisations and trained prospective business and life coaches. He is co-Director of a centre of excellence — The Centre for Coaching — at the Graduate School of Business, Univer...
Janine is a certified Professional Integral Coach® and Academic Director of the Centre for Coaching, a centre for excellence situated at the UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB). She also holds the position of Senior Lecturer at the GSB, lecturing in Coaching and Leadership Development to MBA an...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.