Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Are you an aspiring, new, or experienced chief medical officer? Would you like to hone your critical health care management and leadership skills? If so, this is the course for you.
Together, we'll cover the frameworks and strategies you need to make meaningful financial decisions for your organization. We'll provide the tools required to change culture and behavior - everything from promoting safety, to holding productive meanings and inspiring teamwork. We'll show you how to align the goals of your workforce with the goals of your organization. This academy acts as a stepping stone to organizational success within today's outcome-driven, patient care landscape.
This is a blended learning course that includes a pre- and post-webinar where you can interact with faculty and ask questions.
- Understand the external economic drivers of healthcare transformation and why the ‘triple aim’ cannot be accomplished without physician leadership
- Understand the causes and benefits of disruptive innovation
- Learn how to redesign medical staffs to integrate and unify high performance
- Understand the change management process needed to institute population health
- Understand that clinical variation is not only dangerous, but also expensive
- Determine current best practices used to create a culture of service
- Understand the importance of financial management for health care organizations
- Identify the key drivers affecting the financial condition of health care organizations
- Apply an evidence-based management approach to improve quality
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable)
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours
The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this live activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
on Burroughs is the president and CEO of the Burroughs Healthcare Consulting Network. A seasoned healthcare professional, Burroughs has received numerous accolades for his work in providing best practice solutions and training for health programs and networks. In the past, Burroughs served as a ...
Dr. Richard Priore is a leading expert on healthcare system transformation. The intersection of his extensive professional and academic backgrounds lends both relevant industry perspective and an objective evidenced-based approach. With this he is creating innovative care models, improving patien...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.