Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
CIMA certification is beneficial for experienced financial professionals from a variety of backgrounds and business models, including financial advisors, investment consultants, analysts, wealth management professionals, national and regional broker-dealer representatives, and bank/trust employees. The Booth program is open to CIMA candidates in good standing.
About the course
The Chicago Booth CIMA Education Program is a CIMA Certification Registered Education course that offers an online, blended learning experience for your convenience. This flexible format allows you to work at your own pace and provides you the opportunity to engage with Booth faculty through a live, recorded virtual classroom environment.
The Chicago Booth CIMA Education Program provides learnings that go beyond test preparation and covers important investment concepts at an in-depth level. Our approach provides you with clear instruction, real-world examples, ample practice, and access to a curriculum with a proven track record of success
- A combination of live online, on-demand, and in-person (recommended) instruction.
- A personalized study schedule, reading list, and checklist to keep you on a successful path.
- On-demand lectures strategically released to optimize your learning process.
- A strong team of Chicago Booth faculty and experienced practitioners have designed and will deliver the program.
A true hybrid program, the Chicago Booth CIMA Education Program offers a combination of live online preparation and review sessions, on-demand recorded content sessions, and a recommended 2-day in-person session.
- Online, Live Instruction (required) These sessions are recorded for offline viewing, but we highly recommend you attend these live sessions to stay on our recommended study schedule.
Foundations: We start the program with four live online foundation sessions which cover the nuts and bolts of what you need to know to progress through the program. We will develop the theories and work through practice problems together.
Weekly Review and Practice Problem Solving: In these sessions, we will review the main concepts covered in the weekly recorded lectures, connect the current to prior lectures, apply the concepts in real-time through practice problem solving, provide answers to your questions, and keep your study on track.
- On-Demand Instruction (required)
- Watch video lectures taught by a mix of tenured faculty and practitioners who are experts in their field. These videos capture each instructor’s unique style and are formatted into a series of short, digestible segments for maximum impact.
- In-person Instruction (recommended)**
- For additional test prep, you have the option to attend the Chicago Booth Certification Exam Prep Workshop as a free add-on to the Chicago Booth CIMA Education Program. You will review exam topics, connect topics to the formula sheet, and perform practice problems. This session is a supplement, not a substitution, for our CIMA Education Program.
Foundations: Modules 1-4 (live online and recorded) * Time Value of Money * Calculating Realized Returns * Statistics and Probability * Risk and Return
Course Content: Modules 5-12 (on demand)
- Module 5: Portfolio Theory
- Module 6: Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), Multifactor Models
- Module 7: Behavioral Finance, Market Efficiency, Market Anomalies
- Module 8: Performance Measurement, Tax Efficient Strategies, Socially Responsible Investing
- Module 9: Applied Economics, Global Capital Markets History and Valuation
- Module 10: Fixed Income
- Module 11: Alternative Investments
- Module 12: Hedge Funds, Portfolio Construction and Consulting Process
Weekly Review and Problem Solving Sessions (live online and recorded)
- Held once per week during Modules 5-12
Chicago Booth Final Assessments (online)
- Candidates must pass five final quizzes and a final exam online before taking the CIMA Certification Exam
- The quizzes are accessible after all materials from Modules 1-12 have been completed
- The final exam is accessible after all five final quizzes have been passed
Recommended: Chicago Booth Certification Exam Prep Workshop (live online and recorded)
- A free add-on to the Chicago Booth CIMA Education Program
- Intensive review for the CIMA Certification Exam
- Conducted virtually with live instruction
- Sessions are recorded for offline viewing, but we highly recommend that candidates attend these in real-time since they are interactive and provide an opportunity to ask questions
- Workbooks are mailed prior to the workshop
John Nersesian is managing director of wealth management services at Nuveen Investments, where his group provides wealth management and practice development education and consulting support to advisors. His experience includes work as a financial advisor to corporate executives, affluent families...
John C. Heaton studies asset pricing, portfolio allocation, and time-series econometrics. He first became drawn to this area because he was "intrigued by the idea of understanding economic phenomena both to guide policy and to help people make better decisions." His research in these areas has ea...
Lubos Pastor is Charles P. McQuaid Professor of Finance at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. At Chicago Booth, he also serves as Co-Director of the Fama-Miller Center for Research in Finance, Director of the Center for Research in Security Prices (CRSP), and a member of the CRSP...
Pietro Veronesi is the Roman Family Professor of Finance at the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business. He is also the faculty director of Booth Ph.D. program, a director of the American Finance Association, a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research and a research ...
Ira Weiss specializes in tax strategy, financial accounting, mutual fund taxation, and private equity investing. He teaches advanced MBA courses in both tax strategy and entrepreneurship at Chicago Booth, and helps support the entrepreneurial community through his work as the Faculty Director of ...
Kathleen Fitzgerald is known at the University of Chicago as a superb educator. She brings a remarkably wide array of experience as an educator and a practitioner to the classroom. She has taught courses in Investments, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Money and Banking, International Fin...
Veronica Guerrieri studies macroeconomics, search theory, labor and financial market frictions, dynamic contracting, and growth theory. "Coming from Europe, the malfunctioning of labor markets has always attracted my attention," she says. "My research explores frictional labor markets and other m...
Devin Pope studies a variety of topics at the intersection of economics and psychology. He has published work in top economics outlets such as the American Economic Review, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Political Economy, and Review of Economic Studies. He has also published in psych...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.