CFA® Chartered Financial Analyst® Level I
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kaplan .Full disclaimer.
There is no better way to ensure content retention and exam-taking confidence than by reinforcing your CFA® exam prep with Live Weekly Classes. But if your location prevents you from attending one of our traditional classroom sessions, we’ve got you covered. Our 15-week block of Live Online Classes is also led by CFA charterholders and covers the same material at the same pace and frequency as our classroom sessions. All you need is a reliable internet connection and a comfortable chair.
- On-Demand Video Lectures – Designed to be viewed prior to the Weekly Classes, covering every LOS.
- Archived Sessions – Review at your own pace.
- Weekly Class Workbooks – Two-volume set of workbooks containing material, examples, and questions to support your live instruction.
Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) Certification
CIMA® certification is the only credential designed specifically for financial professionals who want to attain a level of competency as an advanced investment advisor or consultant. Chicago Booth is a Registered Education Provider for the education program requirement in the certification process.
THE BOOTH ADVANTAGE
Program format - a hybrid approach
For a comprehensive learning experience, candidates will gain access to course content in multiple formats: live online, on demand, and in person. You will begin the program by attending several pre-course sessions live online before launching into the on-demand content. Woven throughout the course, live problem-solving sessions online allow you to apply concepts in real-time, get your questions answered, and keep your study on track. The program concludes with an optional last chance boot camp, a 2-day session in downtown Chicago.
Valuable mix of top Booth faculty and experienced practitioners
Given the extensive CIMA curriculum, our program assembles seven experts to cover the content–a number that is unmatched by any other education provider. The program is taught by top Booth faculty as well a CIMA professional.
The Chicago Approach™
Our faculty will challenge you to question assumptions, separate fact from fiction, and analyze information – and to recognize when it’s time to reevaluate. You will receive clear instruction and access to a curriculum designed to build a solid understanding. It is an approach with a proven track record: more than 85% of candidates who have studied at Chicago Booth have earned their CIMA.
Precourse Content (Live online and recorded)
- Time value of money
- Basic statistics
- Calculating returns
- Risk measures and risk versus return basics
- Applied finance and economics
- Global capital markets history and valuation
Course Content (On demand)
- Portfolio theory and models
- Investment vehicles
- Investment philosophies and styles
- Options, futures, and other derivatives
- Fixed income
- Behavioral finance
- Formulating tax-efficient strategies
- Performance measurement
- Portfolio construction and consulting process
Problem-Solving Sessions (Live online and recorded)
- Held weekly over approximately eight weeks
Optional Last Chance Boot Camp (In person)
- Held quarterly over a weekend in downtown Gleacher Center campus
- Offered just prior to a CIMA exam period
Since April 2011, CIMA® certification has been recognized as the only financial services credential in the US to meet an international standard for personnel certification (ISO 17024) and earn accreditation by the American National Standards Institute.
Administered through the Investments & Wealth Institute®, CIMA® certification is the only credential designed specifically for advanced investment consultants. CIMA certification signals that a professional has completed the rigorous program and has achieved a high level of competency, professionalism, and investment expertise. Chicago Booth is a Registered Education Provider for the education program requirement in the certification process.
Steps to Certification:
The CIMA certification program requires that candidates meet all eligibility requirements, including experience, education, examination, and ethics.
- Step 1: Submit CIMA Certification program application to the Investments & Wealth Institute
- Step 2: Complete Booth CIMA education program
- Step 3: Pass certification examination
- Step 4: Sign licensing agreement and adhere to the Investments & Wealth Institute Code of Professional Responsibility and Rules and Guidance for use of the marks
Who should attend
CIMA candidates who are preparing for the Qualification or Certification Exam. This workshop series is applicable to a wide range of financial professionals, including independent advisors, investment consultants, national and regional broker-dealer representatives, and bank/trust employees.