Who should attend
This course is for IT and business professionals who will be serving in the role of Product Owner or Chief Product Owner in an Agile project including their senior management. This course is suitable for those with little or no prior knowledge of Agile or Scrum.
About the course
Scrum is a process framework that has been used to manage complex product development since the early 1990s. The Product Owner is responsible for maximising the value of the product and the work of the development team. Some of the work a Product Owner does includes defining the product backlog, prioritising them and making sure that development team understand the items clearly.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner course will empower you with the knowledge and tools to excel in this role. Conducted by Certified Scrum Trainer Pete Deemer, it consists of lectures modules and case-study-based exercises with ample open discussions and Q & A opportunities.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Approach all aspects of the Product Owner role with skills and confidence
- Gather and write requirements using user stories
- Create an effective Product Backlog
- Estimate and plan projects/releases, and managing them to successful completion
What Will Be Covered
- Writing Agile requirements with user stories
- Techniques for estimating business value: Recursive HML/customer segment value grid
- Techniques for prioritising the product backlog: ROI/MoSCoW
- Agile project estimation, including velocity and relative estimation
- Techniques for relative estimation: Planning Poker/Recursive SML
- Techniques for estimating velocity: Historical/Prior Non-Agile Project-based/Theoretical Sprint / Best-Case+Worst-Case
- Estimating fixed date, fixed scope, fixed cost projects, and fixed/variable projects
- Estimating large/multi-team projects
- Agile contracts: contract structure and commitment validation
- Release models: All-at-once/release trains
- Minimum viable product
- Definition of Done and managing project risk
- Strategies for splitting product backlog items: Workflow steps/business value/data subset/simple-complex/happy-sad
- Managing requirements change while still delivering on schedule and within budget
- Release backlog and burndown chart: Single team/multi-team
- 7 strategies to responding to behind-schedule projects
Lectures, exercises, open discussions and question and answer
Paul Caleb 'Pete' Deemer is a well-known figure in the Agile community globally, and has spent the last 20+ years leading teams building products and services at companies in Silicon Valley and Asia. Pete is the co-author of The Scrum Primer, one of the most widely read introductions to Scrum, an...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.