Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is designed for internal audit professionals who learn best in a structured setting, enjoy peer discussion and live instruction from a qualified facilitator, and have the desire to compare ideas and notes with internal auditors in other companies who are addressing the same challenges.
About the course
Prepare for the CIA® exam with this extensive, five-day course. It covers the three essential parts of the CIA® certification, giving you the knowledge and confidence to succeed. You will use the IIA’S CIA® Learning System, an interactive print and web-based review program that covers the entire global CIA® exam syllabus in a flexible, on-demand format. You will also have access to online study tools such as the CIA® review plan, allowing you to create your own study plan, tests, flashcards, and more to make sure you are ready for the exam.
Note: This course is updated for the new CIA exam syllabus effective 1/1/19.
- Understand the foundation of knowledge required to be successful on the Institute of Internal Auditors' (IIA) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) examinations
- Develop knowledge and understanding of internal audit methodology for successful performance of internal audits
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the IIA's International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) critical to performing internal audits in federal, state and local government, private sector and non-profit organizations
- Understand IIA Standards, the ten Core Principles, the Code of Ethics and the importance of independence and objectivity in performance of audits
- Gain awareness of the use of technology to enhance the audit activity and audit process
- Be able to assist management of organizations being audited to understand the audit process to minimize interruption of business activities
- Become familiar with ways in which an organization can adapt to better compete in the global marketplace
- Be able to correctly evaluate and suggest improvements to the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes throughout the organization
Part I: Essentials of Internal Auditing
- Section I: Foundations of Internal Auditing
- Section II: Independence and Objectivity
- Section III: Proficiency and Due Professional Care
- Section IV. Quality Assurance and Improvement Program
- Section V. Governance, Risk Management, and Control
- Section VI: Fraud Risks
Part II: Practice of Internal Auditing
- Section I: Managing the Internal Audit Activity
- Section II: Planning the Engagement
- Section III: Performing the Engagement
- Section IV: Communicating Engagement Results and Monitoring Progress
Part III: Business Knowledge for Internal Auditing
- Section I: Business Acumen
- Section II: Information Security
- Section III: Information Technology
- Section IV: Financial Management
Read more about Cybersecurity
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.