Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Human Resources & Labor Relations.Full disclaimer.
About the course
If you are an HR professional who wants to advance or excel in your career, earning a Certified Human Resources Specialist (CHRS) certification from Michigan State University will take you to the next level in strategic human resources management.
This human resource training program is the premier certification for new HR professionals and managers who want to add greater value through a thorough understanding of human resources management.
The challenge before you is to drive organizational success through effective, strategic human resource management (HRM) practices and policies, and to comply with myriad employment and labor laws at both the state and federal level. In this workshop you will acquire an extensive set of reference materials and resources while building your professional HR network.
By attending Certified Human Resources Specialist, you will be prepared to:
- Drive organizational success through strategic HRM practices
- Comply with employment and labor laws, minimizing risk
- Create a safe and healthy work environment
- Follow ethical standards of conduct
- Recruit and select the right people for the right positions
- Implement performance management, appraisal methods, and disciplinary methods that increase employee effectiveness
- Utilize compensation and benefits, including wellness programs, to achieve and maintain a competitive edge
- Build or expand your professional HR network
- Graduate-level course textbook
- Year-long access to a wealth of additional online resources
- Ongoing access to faculty
- CHRS certification examination
- Extensive note-taking guides
- Small group problem-solving exercises and discussions
- Question and answer sessions
- Limited attendance to ensure a comfortable and effective learning environment
Why CertifyEarning your professional certification from MSU's School of Human Resources & Labor Relations, one of the best and most respected programs in the country, demonstrates mastery of content and commitment to the field of human resources management. Mastery of course content will be evaluated via an online examination. Certification is achieved by participating in the entire five days of the workshop and passing the examination.
To earn certification, participants must attend all 5 days of the program and pass the examination.
THE CHRS DESIGNATION
Individuals who successfully complete the course, take part in discussions and exercises, and pass the required comprehensive examination will be recognized by Michigan State University's School of Human Resources & Labor Relations as a Certified Human Resources Specialist. They are entitled then to use the designation CHRS after their name.
Participants will engage in individual action planning throughout the week to facilitate transfer of learning and individual success.
- Introduction to Human Resources Management
- Key Competencies for HR Professionals
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Communications and Demonstrating Value
- Employment Law
- Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Job Analysis and Design
- Workforce Planning Analytics
- Recruitment, Sourcing and Selection
- Training and Development
- Performance Management
- Employee Retention
- Compensation and Benefits
- Health, Safety and Security
- Employee Discipline and Separation
- Labor Relations
Trust the experts
Angela T. Hall, JD, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the School of Human Resources and Labor Relations at Michigan State University. She received her JD from Florida State University, College of Law and her PhD from Florida State University, College of Business. She has previously been on the fa...
Tina M. Riley, PhD, is an Associate Professor and Associate Director of the School of Human Resources and Labor Relations at Michigan State University (MSU). She is the Director of the School's Human Resource Executive Education program and holds a PhD in Higher, Adult, and Lifelong Education as ...
Jim Walsh, was most recently Vice President Claims at Auto-Owners Insurance. He has spent 44 years in the property casualty insurance business, all related to claim handling in some way. As a field investigator, he managed the Company's position on claims ranging from house fires, to fatal accide...