Who should attend
The Certified Expert in Business Development is designed for middle and senior managers from banks and corporates or other organizations who seek to improve their leadership and business development management skills in a time efficient manner.
About the course
The Certified Expert in Business Development is a blended learning management certificate programme dispensing great opportunity for professionals to develop advanced Management and Leadership skills to excel in their executive positions while pursuing their career.
- You learn about key management topics essential to your business development: Principles in Leadership, Strategy, Innovation, Marketing, Organizational Economics, Human Resource and Operations as well as Financial and Managerial Accounting.
- The programme is catered towards the dynamic development and management of your business. Giving emphasis on strategy and business design, idea and product innovation and how to bring them successfully to the market.
- With 10 ECTS Credit points, you earn the prestigious “Certified Expert in Business Development”.
- The blended learning style of the programme provides optimum time management and learning flexibility, designed for professionals pursuing their career.
- Comprising e-learning modules, leadership assessment, final exam, one week in-class training at Frankfurt School Campus and a supervised final assignment in a period of 5-7 month.
- During the campus in-class training, you specialize in one of four core topics: Leadership or Strategy, Innovation and Business Development or Digital Business Transformation or Project Management.
- The Leadership self-assessment provides insight into leadership style, garnering personal feedback and coaching from a leadership development expert.
- You grow your personal and professional network: a week on Campus and access to the Frankfurt School community through our online forum.
- The program is delivered by the excellent Frankfurt School faculty and leading experts from our wide professional network.
- Customizable to your company’s needs and requirement.
- We build on over 50 years of teaching and research experience at Frankfurt School, one of Germany’s top-ranked business schools with triple Accreditation.
The candidate will start with distance learning modules on the essentials of management which will be assessed by an examination. After passing the exam the candidate will attend one Executive Week class at our campus in Frankfurt.
A following project assignment will give the candidate the opportunity to apply knowledge in a practical case. After successfully passing the project assignment the candidate will receive a certificate from Frankfurt School.
Distance Learning (75 hrs)
In the distance learning phase of the program you will gain a comprehensive knowledge in the disciplines of Leadership, Strategy and Innovation, Economics of the Firm, Marketing, Human Resources and Operations as well as Accounting. Each topic is covered by a chapter in your course book. The chapters were carefully chosen and put together by our professors.
Throughout the pre-reading period, you can liaise with Frankfurt School via the online forum. To check your learning progress, you take an online test. The reading also prepares you for your on-campus sessions in Frankfurt.
- Leadership, HR and Change Management
- Strategy and Innovation
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Project Management and Operations
In a 2 hrs computer based exam the candidate will be asked 100 multiple choice test questions about the distance learning curriculum.
The candidate will work on a business case study and submit a 8-10 pages proposal. The topic or case will be provided by FS or by the candidate himself.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.