Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Executive decision-makers who want to master the knowledge and skills needed to “speak the language of data and analytics.”
Data scientists and analysts who want to learn how to effectively communicate to a non-scientific, executive audience.
Senior leaders from functional areas who want to broaden and improve their data analytics expertise.
Professionals who are looking for new skills, and a new credential, that leads to a promotion or a new career
About the course
The Certified Analytics Translator program is designed for both executive decision-makers who need to “speak the language of data and analytics” and for data scientists who need to learn how to effectively communicate to an executive audience.
The program will benefit any professional who wants to integrate data analytics with business strategy, and may be of special interest to:
- Executive decision-makers who want to master the knowledge and skills needed to speak the language of data and analytics.
- Data scientists and analysts who want to learn how to effectively communicate to a non-scientific, executive audience.
- Senior leaders from functional areas who want to broaden and improve their data analytics expertise.
- Professionals who are looking for new skills, and a new credential, that leads to a promotion or a new career.
Program Topics Include:
- The Evolution of Data Science
- Different Types of Data Scientists
- Building Analytics Awareness
- Translating Business Problems into Analytics Questions
- Data Ethics and Privacy
- Creating Dashboards, Drawing Inferences, and Making Strategic Recommendations
- Data Storytelling and Visualization
- Review of Your Analytical Project
- The Certified Analytics Translator program is a non-degree, non-credit Executive Education program. Upon program completion, you will earn the Certified Analytics Translator designation.
Jennifer Lewis Priestley is a professor of applied statistics and data science at Kennesaw State, where she is also the director of the center for statistics and analytical services. She was recognized by the SAS Institute as the 2012 distinguished statistics professor of the year and regularly s...
Bill Franks is Chief Analytics Officer for The International Institute For Analytics (IIA), where he provides perspective on trends in the analytics, data science, AI, and big data space and helps clients understand how IIA can support their efforts to improve analytic performance. In his role, h...
Dr. Sherrill W. Hayes is Director of the PhD in Analytics and Data Science and Professor of Conflict Management in the Analytics and Data Science Institute at Kennesaw State University. From 2012-2017, he was director of the Master of Science in Conflict Management and helped co-found the School ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.