Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP®) - Health Part I
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
Address the fundamental areas of public sector health benefits by earning your Certificate of Achievement in Public Plan Policy (CAPPP®). Sessions dissect the basics of what you need to know in your role and address core concepts and current trends in legal, legislative, plan design and fiduciary aspects of public sector benefits plans.
To earn your CAPPP® in Employee Health, Part I and Part II must be completed along with a take-home exam.
- This session will provide an overview of the governance of public pension and health plans, including a broad-based orientation addressing issues, duties and responsibilities.
- Participate in an interactive environment with small group discussion to gain a deeper knowledge of governance issues.
- Legal Environment
- An overview of a trustee's or administrator's fiduciary duties
- Examine legal concepts as they apply to hypothetical situations.
- A review of "hot topics" in the public sector legal environment
- Legislative/Regulatory Developments
- An explanation of the current status of the Affordable Care Act
- An overview of key ACA issues for public sector plans
- How these changes will affect health benefit programs
- How to get ready for changes in 2018 and beyond
- Actuarial Principles
- Review the characteristics of traditional group insurance, basic methods and assumptions, prefunding concepts (retiree health), benefit costing, data analysis, and more!
Benefits of Attending
- A cost-effective way to get thorough, on-target information to assist you in policy-making decisions
- An examination of the role of trustees and their relationship to other public benefit plan functions
- Firsthand knowledge shared by leading consultants and practitioners in the public benefits field
- Valuable resource materials for future reference
- An educational benchmark of excellence for the public sector
Who should attend
CAPPP® is designed especially for:
- Public sector benefit plan trustees at all levels of experience
- Representatives of public funds of various types, sizes and geographical areas who wish a high-level overview
- Individuals who need a comprehensive understanding of public employee plan management at the policy-making level