Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This five-day certificate will provide the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully lead innovation projects, from strategic planning to the development of new products to making operational improvements. Through in-class exercises and case studies, you will learn how to seize untapped business opportunities, create competitive advantage through innovation strategy and apply design and systems thinking for an integrated approach to delivering growth.
The Essential Links
- Define innovation in your organization
- Identify strategic levers of innovation
Innovation as a Practice
- Learn how to apply the FourSight assessment
- Study the principles of creative thinking
- Explore how to overcome barriers
The Challenges of Leading an Innovating Organization
- Examine the critical nature of innovative thinking
- Identify the challenges of leading innovation
- Learn how to conduct an effective risk assessment
How much and what kind of Innovation do you want?
- Explore types of innovation
- Examine the forces driving relentless change
- Learn how to avoid being blindsided
Innovative Company Site Visits
- Visit organizations that emphasize culture, space and engagement
Introduction to Design Thinking
- Examine the critical nature of insights
- Explore the design process and application
Innovation as a Process
- Develop expertise in each stage of the four-step innovation process
Making Innovation Happen
- Learn how to build the case for change
- Determine the kind of change that is needed
- Learn how to overcome resistance
- Develop stakeholder influencing strategies
The Culture of Innovation
- Explore how culture enables or suppresses innovation
- Learn how to transform an existing culture into an innovative one
- Learn how to lead self, team and enterprise-wide innovations
- Consider how to integrate tools, skills and mindset
Who should attend
This innovation certification program will benefit leaders charged with any size innovation mandate – from developing strategies to developing offerings to leading teams and influencing a culture of innovation, including:
- Vice-Presidents, directors and senior managers
- Line leaders in all areas of organizations that can benefit from innovative thinking; in particular Product Development, Service, Marketing and Sales, Operations and IT
- Staff leaders who are accountable for improving their organization’s innovation culture and skills (e.g., HR, Strategy or Project Management)
Trust the experts
Biography David S. Weiss received his doctorate from the University of Toronto and has three Master’s Degrees in psychology, education and philosophy. David is a highly sought-after keynote speaker and has been honoured with the “Distinguished Lecturer” certificate from the Government of Canada....
Lee-Anne McAlear is Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Applied Innovation Management for the Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University. Lee-Anne is an experienced facilitator, writer, consultant and speaker with a background in innovation, leadership development, strategic plann...
Biography Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Innovation Management, author and founding partner of Mitchell Consulting. Megan is one of Canada’s top innovation practitioners with over 20 years experience in innovation, marketing, sales, HR and leadership. Her passion is leadership effecti...
Biography After sneaking away from a small-town prairie farm, Shane spent his early career as an entrepreneur in North America and Europe focused on product design, robotics and connected devices. He later joined Idea Couture, a Design Thinking and innovation consultancy, to combine his technica...
The importance of learning how to lead innovation