Who should attend
A wide range of technically oriented professionals who want to better understand modern applied statistics in order to analyze and derive meaning from real-life data sets.
About the course
The R programming language has become a vital tool for extracting useful information from large data sets across industry, academia and scientific research circles. R offers powerful statistical techniques, elegant data visualization capabilities, high extensibility and an active community that generates code packages for anyone to use.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll learn to perform sophisticated data analysis and modeling using statistical tools and R programming. We’ll cover the fundamentals of modern applied statistics for use in inference and prediction. You’ll gain advanced skills in data mining and data management and discover how to produce insightful visual presentations. Develop the capabilities to solve complex problems using R and learn additional statistical methods on your own.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to apply modern statistics to real-life problems in research and industry
- Foundational R programming, visualization and plotting skills
- How to streamline data manipulation and create advanced graphics
- Data analysis methods using predictive modeling and machine learning
- Time series analysis, spatial modeling, 3D plotting, mapping and animation
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Generate publication-quality plots and cutting-edge graphics-embedded reports
- Master the train-validate-test sequence of predictive methods
- Learn how to create your own R packages
Assaf Oron began his academic education with a degree in physics. After two years as an outdoor educator and assistant archaeologist, he returned to school and completed an M.Sc. in environmental science, followed by five years in the hi-tech industry. At that point he decided to settle down, mov...
Laura Skrip is a postdoctoral research scientist with the Institute for Disease Modeling, where she implements behavior-epidemiologic transmission models with a focus on emerging infectious diseases in humanitarian settings. Her projects have involved not only mathematical modeling and statistica...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.