Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Professionals who have experience coding in a common object-oriented programming language and are looking to move into computer science or software development or enhance their existing skill set.
About the course
Learning software development and design are one of the best ways to grow your career as a developer. Having a solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and system design will prepare you to create efficient, maintainable and scalable software components as well as integrate them flawlessly on any system.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll cover some of the necessary skills and knowledge required for your long-term success. You’ll learn the fundamental concepts of software development and design, methods for problem solving as well as how to apply the concepts to your job. You’ll also learn about concepts such as service-oriented architecture (SOA) and micro-services.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Ways to build data structures and compare their performance and uses
- Methods for creating and implementing algorithms from scratch
- How to apply design principles and patterns to build software applications
- The basics of building extensible, secure, scalable and high-performing applications that can be used to build real-world software solutions
- How to answer common software developer job interview questions
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create algorithms and data structures from scratch and learn how to pick the right ones for programming solutions to real-life problems.
- Design a software system of a single component
- Build a larger software system that includes multiple components
Sanjeev Qazi is a software engineer at Microsoft, where he designs and writes software for Office. Before joining Microsoft, he was at Expedia and, before that, with Intel (in house VLSI CAD for processor design) in Portland, Oregon. While at Intel, he was also an adjunct professor teaching eveni...
Biography John joined Scheller College of Business in 2019 as a lecturer of the Apple iOS (Swift) section of Business Programming. John is also a lead instructor for the Georgia Tech Professional Education Department since 2017, which includes full-stack web development, cybersecurity, and data v...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.