Who should attend
- Professionals with an MBA or other master’s degree who are ready to advance or change careers
- Individuals with undergraduate degrees who are considering additional education in real estate finance or have an interest in exploring real estate as a professional area of interest
- Master and MBA students who need an extra specialized certification as part of their curriculum
About the course
With the Certificate in Real Estate Finance and Investments, students will be well prepared to confidently pursue a career in commercial lending and real estate finance.
Real estate markets are now highly competitive and companies often rely on well-trained workers capable of making investment decision in an environment of complexity.
For investors, intermediaries and other real estate players to remain successful, building experience in an exceedingly specialized market has become a must.
With this Certificate, you will receive an excellent training that allows you to learn thoroughly the new trends and techniques in the field of real estate finance and investments.
- Practice the valuation of revenue generating properties by applying sound asset pricing methods and using Excel to perform pro-forma analysis
- Learn how to design mortgages that meet the needs of different investors
- Practice the pricing of mortgage debt when default and prepayment are possibilitie
- Make optimal refinancing decisions
- Understand the implications of leverage in real estate
- Understand the implications of different capital structures in real estate assets
- Model sophisticated real estate “waterfall” spreadsheets with Excel for a variety of different capital structures and scenarios
- Introduction to Real Estate Valuation
- Commercial Mortgage Debt
- Real Estate Equity Investments & Capital Structure
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.