Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Professionals working as private investigators who want to refresh or expand their skill set, along with those interested in entering the field.
About the course
Private investigation has moved out of the shadows and become a vibrant, intriguing profession. Today, a wide variety of agencies, law firms, insurance companies and government entities rely on savvy PIs who can unearth the facts, compile the evidence and contribute to the resolution of complex issues and sticky situations.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll develop the legal and professional knowledge and skills to become an effective private investigator. We’ll cover different aspects of the courts and the legal system, practices of civil and criminal case investigation and preparation, various investigative specialties and the latest industry trends. Accelerate your career in the dynamic field of private investigation.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Key topics related to the criminal justice system, insurance law, and state and federal law
- Legal and ethical issues in the field
- Criminal investigative techniques such as discovery, interviewing, crime scene investigation and forensics
- Civil investigation topics such as missing persons, insurance, auto accidents and fraud
- Business practices and career opportunities in private investigation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.