Certificate in Practice-Based Coaching
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Advance Your Career as an Early Childhood or Expanded Learning Opportunities Coach
Studies have shown that top-quality instruction and caregiving from an early age can make a major difference in children’s subsequent educational achievement and well-being. Highly trained early childhood and expanded learning opportunities coaches are a crucial part of this effort.
In this certificate program, we’ll examine the guiding principles and key skills of practice-based coaching in early childhood and before- and after-school settings. You’ll deepen your understanding of foundational coaching practices that promote engaging interactions and positive behavior support through culturally responsive relationships, development of shared goals, focused observation, reflection and feedback. Help boost the quality of early childhood and before- and after-school program education and care with proven strategies and techniques.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Culturally responsive coaching
- Relationship-based professional development competencies
- Best practices for coaching to promote positive behavior support
- Best practices for coaching to promote engaging interactions and environments
- Data-driven goal setting, action planning and focused observation
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Create and reflect on video observations of your coaching sessions
- Complete an e-portfolio highlighting your coaching practice and give a presentation to peers and faculty
Start and finish your program with the same group of students, with frequent opportunities to interact with your instructors and classmates along the way. Courses are 100 percent online, with set due dates for assignments but no class meetings.
Who should attend
Early childhood and expanded learning opportunities coaches who want to acquire coaching competencies for collaborative partnerships in early learning and before- and after-school settings.