Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Paralegals play a vital role in the legal profession, providing key support services to attorneys in both public and private practice. Paralegal training has also grown in importance as many states — especially Washington — look to expand access to affordable legal representation, particularly in the areas of housing, family law and health care. As a result, job growth in the field is extremely robust.
In this certificate program, you’ll gain a solid understanding of the U.S. legal system and acquire the key knowledge and skills needed to work as a paralegal or in a related role. We’ll explore major aspects of court systems, hearings, trials and laws and explore essential subjects such as litigation, legal research, contracts, technology and professional ethics.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Legal theory and reasoning
- Fundamentals of legal research, writing and analysis, including terminology and resources, interviewing, and documenting
- All major aspects of litigation, covering areas such as criminal, environmental and family law
- Essential topics in business law, including contracts, corporations, real estate and banking
- Preeminent concerns related to professional and ethical responsibility in the legal field
PREPARE FOR CERTIFICATION
This program is approved by the Limited License Legal Technician Board of the Washington State Bar Association and offers a core curriculum that prepares you to become an LLLT.
Who should attend
Paralegals and those seeking to become paralegals or enter other law-related occupations, including those pursuing Limited License Legal Technician (LLLT) certification.