Who should attend
Villanova’s online Certificate in Organizational Leadership is designed for business leaders, mid- to upper-level managers, and individuals aspiring to leadership positions.
About the course
Make an impact at your company by complementing your technical knowledge with the interpersonal leadership skills to guide others toward increasing productivity and meeting organizational goals.
The 100% online Certificate in Organizational Leadership program teaches management and leadership tactics you can apply immediately in a corporate environment, including fiscal planning and responsibility, employee communication and motivation, team building and general principles of organizational leadership. You will be taught the tools and strategies to lead an organization that values learning, promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and innovation, and welcomes change.
Take Three Classes and Complete Your Certificate
To earn your Certificate in Organizational Leadership, you must complete three courses — Strategic Organizational Leadership, Maximizing Team Effectiveness and one elective from the multiple course options below.
Earning this certificate demonstrates your commitment to becoming a highly productive, strategic and creative leader inside or outside your organization.
Ideal for professionals seeking tactical management, conflict management and organizational leadership skills, the certificate program promotes personal confidence, professional integrity and management techniques used by business leaders.
Strategic Organizational Leadership
This course helps professionals develop a tool kit they can apply as a leader at work today to become a highly productive and inspiring leader of tomorrow. You will gain the tools needed to create an organization that values learning and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and innovation, and welcomes change. Great leaders influence and can help employees be more responsive, creative, and proactive, given the right set of leadership tools and techniques.
What You’ll Study
- Defining yourself as a leader
- Finding your authentic leadership voice
- Building diverse and inclusive teams
- Ethical and moral leadership
- Strategic planning, goal setting and evaluation
- Inspiring Organizational Vision and Excellence
- Dealing with conflict: challenging situations and difficult people
- Your personal leadership journey
Maximizing Team Effectiveness
Organizations are increasingly more reliant on teams to carry out their mission. This course provides an understanding of what is needed to create and develop highly effective teams as well as how to assemble or work with an existing team to maximize effectiveness.
Explore the elements that lead to highly effective teams while learning practical tools and strategies to gain the most from the teams you work with. Learn to access and respond to challenging team behavior while developing teams that reach their highest potential. Attention is given to cross-cultural teams, cross-functional teams and virtual teams.
What You’ll Study
Participants in this course will learn to:
- Create and develop a highly effective team
- Apply strategies and skills to get the best work from a team
- Analyze and respond to the challenging behavior of team members
Essential Principles of Agile Management 8 Week Course
Essentials of Business Analysis 8 Week Course
Essentials of Project Management 4 Week Course
Finance & Accounting for the Non-Financial Manager 8 Week Course
Mastering Organizational Effectiveness 8 Week Course
What You'll Learn
Students will learn strategies and skills related to the following:
- The key traits of successful leaders
- Development of an authentic leadership voice
- Planning and executing successful and productive meetings
- Managing and resolving conflict
- Building and managing diverse and inclusive teams
- Strategic planning and goal-setting
- Emotional intelligence
- Fiscal planning
- Ethics and moral leadership
- Organizational mission, vision, and a culture of innovation and creativity
- Individual development and strategies for providing feedback
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.