Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rutgers school of business—Camden.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Whether you’re learning the basics of human resources management, studying for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) exam, or preparing to transition into a different career, the online Certificate in Human Resources Management Essentials program will provide you with the foundational knowledge you need to take the next step.
This highly interactive curriculum, delivered fully online, will enhance your skillset and help you gain a deeper understanding of the critical function of human resources in organizations of all sizes. You will master essential human resources topics and learn more about the key issues surrounding human resources, as you develop the knowledge, methods and skills need to effectively engage in day-to-day operations of a human resources office. You will also be prepared to address challenging issues you might be confronted with as a human resources professional.
- This program is self-paced; you can begin your program within 1-2 business days of registration.
- Enjoy the support of a Rutgers mentor who will provide real world case studies and experience to add to the value of your learning experience.
- The estimated duration of this program is 80 hours. You will work one-on-one with your Rutgers mentor to set a flexible schedule that will allow you to incorporate your learning into your schedule and complete in a time frame that works for you.
- Gain an understanding of the field of human resources and its many roles
- Establish a foundation of solid principles for starting your human resources career
- Prepare to sit for HRCI’s PHR exam
Some of the essential areas you will master include:
- Essentials of Interviewing & Hiring
- HR Development: Performance Appraisal & Talent Management
- Compensation & Benefits: Managing Policies, Programs & Activities
- HR Development: Employee Training
- Employee Labor Relations: Unions and Contracts
Who should attend
This certificate program is intended for new human resources managers who are interested in developing a formalized skillset in the field of human resources.
Other job titles for ideal candidates include, but are not limited to: entry-level human resource professionals, divisional or departmental supervisors who have the responsibility for interviewing and training employees, individuals seeking a career in human resources, team leaders with supervisory accountability, recruiters, administrative assistants.