About the course
The healthcare industry has shifted from volume-based care to value-based care: More than ever, healthcare organizations have to prioritize patient engagement and health outcomes. Patients have become more involved with their own health. Providers must adjust how they engage their target audience to remain relevant and ensure success — in short: They must adopt and lead in a patient-centric approach.
The Certificate in Healthcare Marketing was designed to equip healthcare professionals with key marketing concepts, tools, and case studies so they can transform patient interactions into positive customer experiences. Developed in collaboration with the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School and with industry experts, the courses are specifically developed for medical marketing and healthcare marketing, which is unlike marketing in any other field, as the strategies are impacting consumer’s health.
The Certificate in Healthcare Marketing provides industry professionals with the skills to move their organization towards a new healthcare paradigm with a customer-centric approach. It will advance students’ intellectual and professional skills in key marketing areas such as marketing strategies and insights, segmentation and targeting, brand development, customer loyalty, and marketing mix strategy.
In nine weeks, the certificate covers the following topics in a context of healthcare marketing and medical marketing:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Healthcare Marketing
- Unit 2: Marketing Insights
- Unit 3: Customer Assessment
- Unit 4: Marketing Segmentation and Targeting
- Unit 5: Brand Development
- Unit 6: Creating Value — Product, Service, and Pricing Strategy
- Unit 7: Delivering Customer Value Through Distribution
- Unit 8: Communicating Value-Promotional Strategy and Customer Loyalty
- Unit 9: Monitoring the Plan
What You Will Earn
- A Certificate in Healthcare Marketing Essentials from the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
- Digital badges and 16 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Key Program Features
- Experiential learning via video, case studies, projects, discussions, and career-relevant tools
- Access to thought leadership pieces from expert healthcare professionals
- Curriculum focused on addressing current healthcare issues
- Certificate from the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School
- Graduates earn badges and 16 CEUs
- Co-created by academics from a top-50 university as well as marketing professionals from the largest U.S. not-for-profit healthcare system
- Focus on skill-based learning
- Curriculum covers specialized marketing concepts, applied in a healthcare context
- Modularization allows flexibility and helps manage workload
Lynda Palmer is founder and president of Equus Marketing which specializes in developing and implementing strategic and tactical marketing plans to boost client''s growth and profitability. Ms. Palmer has vast industry experience and has worked with emerging businesses as well as major organizati...
With more than 28 years of experience in healthcare in various leadership roles including hospital operations, service line leadership, medical practice management, international strategy, and business development, Gregg Davis brings his vast international knowledge to his role as Senior Vice Pre...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.